Converting a quarantine tnak into a frag tank

Can I just drain the water and add coral?

For some reason my zoas are all doing bad. Everything else in the tank is doing well. Im looking to get the zoas out of the tank before they all die out on me so Im in a bit of a rush.

rozdab

You can absolutely do that just make it a hospital tank and when they get better change the name to frag tank. :)
You might have a cycle. Do u have an establish piece of live rock u can throw in the frag tank?

do u use carbon on your main tank?

rozdab

Mmmm traces of copper. I didn't think about that. Maybe someone else can chime in but that could get into the seams and leech back into water atleast that's my understanding. Do u have another tank you can set up?

lunacris

you absolutly can make a qt copper tank a frag tank , just empty it out wash it out really well , dont use any filtration that you havnt soaked in vinegar , i just recently did it with a 40br . i bought new filters and washed tank out with water and a razorblade . no issues

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I have a 10G I could loan you if you're worried about the copper. I would need it back in about a week or so bc I have clown eggs that are hatching soon; I hope. I'm near the METRA station at 5th Ave.