Copper

Arthur

Hello. I have a quick question. I need a small Heater for my Tank. I dig thru old staff a Eheim Jager 50W. Exactly what I need but.... About 5 years ago I used it for couple months in my hospital tank with Copper. Yes Copper. Is out there any neutralizer or should I just buy new one. Don't want to put my Livestock at any risk, it's not worth it.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I think when copper is used in tanks it's the silicone that absorbs some of it. I would think that a heater would be fine to use after soaking in vinegar. And someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

100LL

I’m with wrasse on this one. Heaters are inexpensive relatively speaking and besides the copper concern, being that old makes it more prone to failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
I coppered my whole tank sand rock equipment everything ran carbon few months and cuprisorb corals are fine. If it works fine don’t worry about it but heaters are super cheap so if that worried buy a new one I guess. If was me id use it

Triggerdood

I coppered my whole tank sand rock equipment everything ran carbon few months and cuprisorb corals are fine. If it works fine don’t worry about it but heaters are super cheap so if that worried buy a new one I guess. If was me id use it
I'm with Joe. I'd use it also. I've used a lot of equipment that has been exposed to copper with coral, and inverts.