Coral Banded And Other Shrimp

Nxt

Sup Guys

I've been reading mixed feelings on having a Coral Banded and some other shrimp?

Does anyone have one with other shrimp?

Nxt

Its a smaller tank. 59G

guess he'll be getting moved to my work tank which is 55g. That just has crabs/snails and 2 star fish.

RedDevil.258

Had a coral banded and cleaner all in a 72g bow. They all played nice Coral banded did make a clear set boundary for all the other cleaner shrimp. Guess I had the right amount of space per individual! Good luck

mlreef

I've had a coral banded, 2 cleaner shrimp, a fire shrimp, and 3 peppermint shrimp all in a 120, granted there was 200 + Lbs of rocks, but they all got along.

Navycook2

I have a coral banded shrimp and a fire shrimp and a pistol shrimp and the coral banded doesnt do anything to my shrimp but actully nips my fish most time he fails but i have seen him get them!! :( trying to remove him!!

lunacris

I have the same shrimp in my tank for a while .two coral banded shrimp mated pair two cleaners a fire.shrimp peppermint shrimp and harlequin shrimp. I have had all of these guys together on a 210 & previously a 75 coral banded were more aggressive in the 75 now in the 210 they all ignore each other.

I have one Skunk Cleaner, 5 Sexy Shrimp and a Pom Pom Crab and everyone plays nicely. I love watching my cleaner mount my fish and pick at them. My anthias let's it ride as long as it wants and even let's it dig in it's mouth. The first time I I saw that I nearly peed on myself.

Nxt

Yea I want to get a few different shrimp. So I think the best safe way is to remove the coral bandit.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have one with a cleaner and a fire in my 90. However, I would never get another one. Besides hiding in the back of the tank behind the rocks, he is always trying to catch and kill my fish. I've seen him do it. Any time a fish gets anywhere near him he tries to catch the fish with his claws. I'm also convinced he killed my previous purple firefish while he slept.

Nxt

I haven't had my Coral Banded go after any fish that I have seen.
I have 2 fire dart fish that he stays by quite often too..

Mine comes out at night alot and scavenges but that's about it.

FishBeard

My coral banded shrimp just killed my purple pseudochromis and has been banished to the fuge.
:-( Sorry to hear. Do you want another coral banded that is a model citizen? Ive been thinking about getting rid of mine, not that he's trouble, but he hardly ever comes out of my rockwork since I re-scaped it more like a cave to place all the nems around. If I want a shrimp I never see, ill buy more peppermints...

sparky5785

Nah I think him and the scarlett skunk and my new pistol shrimp were kind of overkill in my tank anyway so for now he's in the fuge until I decide if I want to sell him give him away or what. I was just shocked because he never bothers my clowns at all.

Nxt

Nah I think him and the scarlett skunk and my new pistol shrimp were kind of overkill in my tank anyway so for now he's in the fuge until I decide if I want to sell him give him away or what. I was just shocked because he never bothers my clowns at all.
that sucks dude, sorry to hear that.

I must be pretty lucky with mine.. now watch when I get home today..he'll be messing with one my fish :fencing:

sparky5785

Yeah I've never even seen him get aggressive towards anything in my tank and then all of the sudden he kills my brand new purple pseudo what gives? Into the fuge you go.

imbuggin

it can get expensive

in my 300 shrimp get along till they don't.. Here is my banded coral eating my fire shrimp after being together 2 years