Coral for sand

jvermeulen

Premium member
What's some good coral for in my sand? And does anyone have anything for sale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tinman

hmmmm there are lot depending on your taste ..

you can keep frogspawns hammers torches and stuff with their base burried in sand.

clams are another possibility depending on your lighting

plate corals are nice on sand bed. or you can have small pieces of rock and keep zoas on them. depending on your light

best of all and i like chalices all over my sandbed.

CoralN00b

+1 to what tin said.

I have zoa colonies on mine, some ricordias also. Ill be doing chalices soon.

I had a candy cane colony on a small piece of rock. It looked great on the sandbed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have zoa colonies on mine, some ricordias also. Ill be doing chalices soon.

I had a candy cane colony on a small piece of rock. It looked great on the sandbed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

+100

Funlad3

My personal favorites are islands of zoas, ricordeas, frogspawns/hammers/torches, GSP, Leathers, Acans, Platygyras, Open Brains, Plates, low light acros (elevated just a little!), carpet anemones, rock flower anemones, clams, and of course, just open sand space!

jvermeulen

Premium member
The only problem is I have a sand sifting goby that throws sand all over the place!

The only problem is I have a sand sifting goby that throws sand all over the place!

that will be a problem , you will be uncovering and digging them back out if you want them to live . they don't look/grow very well under sand :)

SkullV

Plate corals are a great choice, and have no problem clearing themselves of sand:

[video=youtube;KmARqtOUpZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmARqtOUpZ8[/video]

Most LPS will do this as well. Zoas not so much.

Plate corals are a great choice, and have no problem clearing themselves of sand:

[video=youtube;KmARqtOUpZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmARqtOUpZ8[/video]

Most LPS will do this as well. Zoas not so much.

Dayum got one of them plate coral from Aquatica 5" to 6" incher and he never cleaned himself not once , maybe he's just a baby
Bob