Coral help

Cuculan

Had this guy for two weeks now and looks like he's dying off at the top. Tried to get a good pic. Can anyone help me diagnose and cure? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishyfish22

Premium member
I think those may be vermetid snails, they're annoying and pests. They don't die when you dip because they hole themselves up. That's just my experience though, I have montis and when one of those pops up on the monti the area around it seems to die

fishyfish22

Premium member
I'm working on that myself. I try covering the tips of their holes with glue, make sure they're vermetid though. Youll see webs and whatnot sll over the holes

wrasse

Look up vermitid snail first and see if that is what it is

Kalk paste in a tip less syringe will work but will kill the coral as well. Best bet is to do surgery and cut it off.

fishyfish22

Premium member
If it's a frag or removable/not too delicate, what might work would be taking it out and covering the tips/holes with super glue gel.
That being said surgery might be the best method and the most safest. Kalk will most likely kill the coral
Again, first verify they're veremetid snails.

madjoe

Premium member
If its vermid snails they will have a tube . I use to grab the tiny pointy snail shells in my sand and glue them into the tube opening then they die since they can eat

Boom Corals

I've used a pliers to try and grab/break off the vermetid shell/tube. Usually my fish or CUC take care of the rest. Sealing up the tube could work too as others mentioned.