CoralPharmD's 60 Cube

CoralPharmD

I have recently decided to upgrade now that I have sold my 46 bowfront. I have all of my live rock in a covered trough to try and get rid of the hair algae and bubble algae. I'm going to leave it in for 3-4 days. I will be transferring everything over by Thursday or Friday.

Equipment list:
Rimless Marineland 60 gallon cube
Homemade stand
CC-120 LED
MP-40 (hopefully)
Looking at getting a sump from Aquapros
70 lbs live rock
Smart ATO

I finished building the stand today. Just needs to be stained. I used pegboard for the back to allow airflow into the bottom of the stand and to hang anything that I may need to hang.

Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

CoralPharmD

The tank will be turned to have the overflow on the left. Still need to drill the holes through the top.

keith954

Looks good, I also have a 60 with the CC-120 and it works great. Your stand looks like it needs a 90 gallon :p

keith954

Whoa, I'm back down to 2 post haha. I wish I got a bigger sump with refugium chamber in it. I got an Eshopps rs-75 and a reef octopus 150 protein skimmer that is basically too big for the sump. It's wedged in there super tight. I'm just giving you a heads up incase you were looking at doing that combo.

CoralPharmD

Haha yeah I wanted to have a little bit of overhang on each side. The stand is 36LX25WX33H. I have a lot of room underneath and the two 13Wx22H doors give me enough room to access.

CoralPharmD

I am going to Aquapros tomorrow to measure up the sump they have. I want something small but big enough for a refugium. I need to have room for an ato tank/bucket.

CoralPharmD

Got the tank all set up yesterday! Took the entire afternoon to take down the old tank and set this one up. However, I am very pleased with how it came out. Hopefully I don't lose any coral in this process. I still have to glue everything down. I will get a couple pictures on here in a bit.

keith954

My light sits about 9 inches above the tank, you may get some excess heat and maybe too much light for some corals having the light that close. I guess it will depend how much you turn the light up.

CoralPharmD

Yeah I have to readjust the height of the light yet. That's just where is was on my other tank. The new one sits about 6 inches higher.

CoralPharmD

Just picked up this black Leopard wrasse from Aquapros. Picture was during feeding so there are a bunch of mysis floating around but fish is already very active. I wanted to grab a second one but I will have to wait until I build the reefing funds again.