Corals Rehabitation

I'm just having a thought here. Would it be crazy when there are no corals (sps, lps, and softies) left in the ocean due to severe climate change/ global warming? Us Reefers will be the only one left with corals to re-seed the ocean. I'm sure many people will see that as an opportunity to make alot of money selling their corals for reseeding. However, if it comes to that, then I will be happily donate my corals to the biologists/farmers/ scientists for the greater goods. What are your thoughts? Will you do the same?

Irsug1

Premium member
Of course! However if corals are lost in the ocean due to not being able to survive the conditions. How can we reseed?
I imagine corals will be on display in public aquariums. Like museums display artifacts or extinct species.

Perhaps the biologist and scientists can culture a more heat resistant specie from the specie that are in our tanks. The corals that are in our tanks are adapted to tank life meaning they live in less nutrient and subpar water quality. Therefore, they can be a good start to culture into perhaps another new specie that will be able to survive climate change.

ColaAddict

Umm... when all corals die, fishes are probably next. no fish and corals----->no algae and cyanobacteria. No algae and cyano----->not enough oxygen for us to live since most oxygen come from the ocean. all life will probably die.