Crawlspace/ Fish room

Maintenance is a very easy because I can be as messy as I want. I do 40g water changes right on to the ground lol. It is a 4 ft crawl and I am only 5' 9" so it isn't to bad for me. I very rarely get water down there but when I do it just gets the gravel wet not like feet or even inches. The main reason I did this is I could of never fit all the filtration and tanks under the stand that I wanted. My next house will have a fish room not a dungeon.

Herbie

Banned
that's awesome. That's probably a great way to cut down on heat too. You know, if you extended those drain pipes into the water it would probably save you a ton of evap and salt creep. Just sayin. . .

thanks herbie I cut them to run filter socks a year ago and realized I didn't like any thing about socks. I am going to get some couplers and extend them back down.

Herbie

Banned
thanks herbie I cut them to run filter socks a year ago and realized I didn't like any thing about socks. I am going to get some couplers and extend them back down.
You probably don't even need to cement them if you rough up the inside of the couplers. Then they're removable later too. Have you considered Thompson's or another sealer for your joists? I'm going to spray everything with sealer before I put up my drywall in my new house.