Critique/pointers/opinion 120gal diy stand

Bartek101

So as few of you know I am in process of upgraging from my 75gal to 120 inwall setup. I have purchased 120 non reef ready tank and had runningnreefing (Tom) drill it, he did very nice drilling the tank and building overflow box. Now I am almost done with the stand and looking for opinions if there is something I have missed with the stand.
I am pretty sure that the way it is done its more than enough support for the weight, but better safe than sorry, so if you thing i should change/modify the stand please let me know
thanks
Stand:

the tank:

adam87

runningnreefing is a great guy, he drill my 40b and 220. My 220 leaked, so will need him agian when I get a new tank.

Your stand looks good.

scotty

I wouldnt think you meed more than that. 2x6 is extremely strong. My only hesitation is the only 1 cross on the top. If you are goinf the over built route i would add more across the top to ensure you dont get any rolling of the 2x6 from the weight coming from the top.

mlreef

I also agree that it is over built but then again what is the price for peace of mind. I used 2.5" square steel tubing 10 gauge when specs only called for 2" square steel tubing 14 gauge. In a design program my stand had a failure at 46 tons. The stand is only supporting 3.9-4 tons at any given time. Hope this helps more than it confuses people.

AndyP27

I like to overbuild stuff too...nice setup. I wish I would have seen yours before I drilled mine last weekend.!

Bartek101

thanks alot for all of your comments/pointers, the reason I have used the 2X6 instead of 2X4s is for peace of mind and that there will be no skin on the stand as it is behind wall as well as easy access, Again, thanks alot, will upload some pics once the tank is up and running..