Cubs frag tank

Cub21rak

Soooooo my frag tank build starts!
Here's a drawing of what it'll look like.
The dimensions will be 15x24x10. This is so it will make use of the space i have left between my current tank and the wall. The corner overflow will have a hole drilled on both sides and one will be used for overflow and other will be plugged. This will be so if I want to move it sometime or participate at a frag swap I can take it with and used the other side. One side will be black acrylic, so if I move it then that side will be a black backing.
The overflow will drain directly to my sump then return will be T at my current display return pump.
I already have my light. It's a coral compulsion 16" full spectrum programable timer. A friend is going to help me with the stand. The stand will house my controller and all electric components. I will also have a jug in there which will be my ato water. View attachment 1993

DB9181

Nice - If your current system (75gal?) already has an ATO, and you're plumbing the frag tank into the same sump you shouldn't need the extra Jug/container of ATO Water as the frag tank will become part of the entire system and your current ATO will fill/top off everything. Where are you getting the tank from? Custom-made?

Cub21rak

The frag tank will be plumb into display tank. The jug under the frag tank will be the only ato. Just where I have space for it to be and easy access to refill. Custom made frag tank via a friend.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
This is going to be nice!! Mine was almost set up the same way but not plumbed to my 75gal. One thing to think about is making the stand moveable on wheels!! Also since the tank is shallow is to built the stand higher.. Tagging along

Last edited: