Curacao or St. Lucia Vacation?

maidia

Team CR
Anybody been to Curacao or St Lucia? Any good sight seeing, snorkel, shopping?
Compare between Curacao and St. Lucia. Which one you choose?

Thanks.
MaiDia

rosko23

Mai... I went to st Lucia for my honeymoon. It was ok and the sights are nothing crazy. But again. I was at a private resort on my honeymoon. So I spent the majority of the time trying to make babies!!!! Lol there really isn't much to see. The pitons (mountains), the waterfall (small) and basically that's it. It's a beautiful place. But don't know if I'd go back.

My ex lived in Curucao and another ex of mine was from St. Lucia. From what I have heard and seen...I would head to Curucao since it's a bit more off the beaten path.

Tank2379

I have a freind that got Married in St. Lucia and the photos are amazing, the place is like a dream... Wish I was there now... lol

Joe Lydon

I've stayed in Willemstad, it's very nice. The city has a very historical feel. I haven't had the chance to get in the water there, but reviews are great. If you visit Curacao, you would get a chance to make a day trip to Bonaire, rated #1 in the world for visibility and shore snorkeling. Tip : Kayak or catch the ferry out to the small uninhabited sister island, Klein Bonaire. Very good chance at seeing green sea turtles, dolphins, and depending which time of year, whale sharks. Have lunch at Buddy Dive resort! The down side is, there are no predatory sharks in Bonaire. St. Lucia is beautiful in it's own right. I went zip-lining there amd will never forget it. If you stick to your resort, you will be Ok. I found there are MANY solicitors in St. Lucia, VERY pushy, unlicensed men trying to give you a taxi ride or tour, and trying to sell you dope at the same time. You have to put your foot down hard, if you want any chance of them leaving you alone, even so, a block down the road, more will surface. There is a nice national park you can visit, where you can have a nice stroll up the hill/mountain to see the fort and have great views of the Atlantic. You can have a picnic or lunch at the quaint seaside restuarant, I enjoyed the tidal pool on the Atlantic side, if you are brave enough, you can get down there and take a few hits from the waves crashing over the seawall and see chitons the size of small turtles! I have been many places, I personally wouldn't go back to St. Lucia anytime soon. Good luck in your travels!

maidia

Team CR
Thanks Brett, Jorge, Walt, Joe and Frankie.
I am more to settle with Curacao becuase I did visit St Thomas and St. John, so may be the same as St Lucia.

Joe, how long it take fairy to Bonaire? Thanks.

Joe Lydon

Thanks Brett, Jorge, Walt, Joe and Frankie.
I am more to settle with Curacao becuase I did visit St Thomas and St. John, so may be the same as St Lucia.

Joe, how long it take fairy to Bonaire? Thanks.
It's an air taxi, about 20 minutes. Worth the trip. Kralendijk is also a VERY beautiful town with shopping, it's adjacent to the sister island Klein bonaire.

maidia

Team CR
Thanks. My family and friends will be with us this time and they wonder how long it take to Bonaire. Sound good 20 minutes is beautiful.
I lost most of my SPS last year on vacation, now the tank come back a little. Hope this time will be fine, otherwise I am out or no more vacation.
Have all good day you all.

Tom2334

Never been to Curacao but I have been to St Lucia twice. Amazing place!!! Snorkeling and diving is very nice. There is an eco park at the base of the Titon Mountains. It was one of the best I have seen and i have been to almost every Island in the carribean. There are other spots along the North side of the island one is called stingray alley and another by a Large rock called Pigeon Cave or something like that had hundreds of eels. One of our favorite spots. We are planning a 3rd trip for next year. I would strongly recommend.