dalbright82's 14g nano and 55g

dalbright82

Well i really enjoy looking at everyone else's tanks for inspiration as well as just learning the names of the many different corals and fish. It's also great to watch the progressions of the tanks. Accordingly i thought i would toss some up too. Sorry about the quality of the pics so far. Can't seem to get my camera to cooperate with the nano yet.

The most recent addition is a 55g tank that we got from a co-worker who had been into sw for a long time. The tank had seen better days when we first got, it with years of wall to wall algae and tons of salt residue covering the tank lights, stand and so on due to having no lid. There was a clown in it but you wouldn't have known it. So the below pics aren't of an amazing brand new tank, but instead a free one that has a lot of elbow grease put into it (with more to go). Took out a lot of rock since it was overflowing with it and eventually made what you see below. We were actually slightly concerned that the old clown stripey (his old name carried over) an 8+ yr old according to the owner wouldn't survive the move or the cleanup but he's loving the improvements. We recently picked up a CBB from aquapros named tigger today since all of the parameters have tested great for a while now. Still quite a few spots to clean like the corners of the tank near the sand but taking it slow to not cloud the water too much at one time. Cut up some acrylic for lids over the weekend for it. Enjoy the re-start of our tank. Will add pics of my "nicer" tank soon.

still need to clean the sand line...

Waiting to top it off until we make sure we like the location of everything.

zip tied some of the rock together for now.

Clown just taught the cbb that the crocodile wasn't scary

tigger

The line will be removed when i get a powerhead

rocks somewhat hiding the filter. plenty of room to swim behind and in front of the rocks.

Smitty

Premium member
You've done a nice job with the cleaning and restoring...tank looks nice. Once you get a powerhead, you should get rid of the air pump and alligator(it causes salt creep from the bubbles).

dalbright82

thanks smitty! Ya, the croc is just there too keep a bit of circulation going on that side and add some character to a rather empty tank at the moment. It was either that, a sunken ship or a treasure chest.

dalbright82

Well lots more has been added since last post thanks to aquapros, mcf and fellow CR members! Not the best coloration shown in these pics, but i should be getting new lighting within the next week! Thanks for looking

Wall hammer i moved over from my nano

chalice

Pipe organ

Wellso brain (my big mcf party prize, thanks blake!)

Huge bubble coral, normally even bigger than this! Shades of green and pink, but i couldn't get it to photograph well.

Also got a large monti but i guess i didn't take a pic of it...more for next time!

lunacris

lookin good looks familiar lol glad it opened up when you take pics try and closing blinds and turning off all other light in room only light from tank that might help u a bit and no flash