DB's 29gal

DB9181

Alight here afew afew pics of my 29gal. Tried my luck w/ a 12mp point & shoot however I had to resize from 72pixels per inch down to 9 for this site.

-29gal Standard
-Coralife 130w T5 HO Lights
-AquaticLife 115 Mini Skimmer
-Fluval 305 Canister / 100w Heater
-HOB Fuge (~4gal) w/ LR & Cheato

Started it on 8/25/11 with just LR / LS....

2 months later... aka today:

Side view:

Close ups of coral - most courtesy of Cubbies :)

Smitty

Premium member
Nope, can't see the pics. :)
Try loading them to photobucket.com and then copy & paste the img code to the site.

DB9181

Lol bambam -go to my profile and then to the album if you can't wait till tomorrow :). Oh and tomorrow I'll be picking up approx 40head of Xmas favia, a monti cap frag, and a small green/purple zoa colony =D

DB9181

Pics are up!!! Yuma is prob my favorite pic :)

3 heads of Frogspawn, yellow zoa frag, red monti cap frag, birdsnest frag, and approx 40 heads of xmas favia is almost done acclimating. Hopefully pics of them tomorrow when they fully open up :)

DB9181

thx bambam :). Still deciding on the rock-work. I had the original 30ish lbs from the first pic. Added the other 15ish lbs afew weeks ago from a very established tank to get the pods, etc to transfer to my DT. Still debating how much of the rock to keep in there as well as the structure - I think its alil to much rock currently.

DB9181

Still somewhat in the air - Glad to take suggestions.

So far a pair of clowns: Osc. Orange & White, and a Black & White.

Thinking... Royal Gramma, fairy Wrasse, Watchman goby.

Looking for a diversity of color, etc - and as many tankmates as possible that are reef-safe.

Cubbies

id look into dottyback there are ome really cool ones
As well as some of the most aggresive. I wouldn't add a dottyback even if I had a 300 non the less to a 29! I would do dome sort of smaller blennie or goby. Fairy wrasses are possible. You might get away with a smaller one. They do love to swim and JUMP out, so you definetely need that screen top you are looking into.

DB9181

Thanks lunacris and cubbies - thought about a dottyback, but like Cubbies said - they are quite aggressive and dont want problems in such a small space. Was thinking like a scott's fairy wrasse or a 6 line (just looking for alot of color). And yes, by that point there would be a screen lol. The girlfriend likes the watchman goby. Also thought the "Jester Court Goby" was unique (and can even go in a 10gal).

Like I said, I would like to cram as many in as possible... and them to all be happy lol. Maybe a blue/green chromis?

REALLY want a Flame angel - but a) 29g is to small and b) they are usually not reef safe

FishBeard

Jester court goby (Rainford goby) are difficult to keep alive in a well maintained tank, they like to eat hair algae for the microbugs that live on it. I would suggest against one unless you have and like the look of hair algae in your tank.

FishBeard

Six line are nice and fit well into a 29g tank since they do not grow too large and assist your cleanup crew, but just be advised you will get the occasional rogue that can wreak havoc in the community.

Flame angels can get aggressive and reef compatible at best, but lots of people seem to have good luck with them in bigger aio reef tanks like yours, only way to tell is try.

Scarlett778

Tailspot Blennies are one of my fave's and they are mild tempered. I use to have one in my gallon nano. Also maybe get a fire shrimp for color too!

Btw, the Yuma's are beautiful! Great pic

DB9181

Will look into the tail-spot -thanks for the info on the jester joby. Everything I'm read on flames say like 30g or bigger so wouldn't I be pushing it? Def looking into the fire shrimp :) like the 6 liner...just think there alil oddly shaped lol (short and plump)

Yeah I really like that Yuma pic as well-taken with a point & shoot 12mp (changed afew settings). Thinking about going in and editing it so everything in the background is darker so the colors pop even more.

Cubbies

Will look into the tail-spot -thanks for the info on the jester joby. Everything I'm read on flames say like 30g or bigger so wouldn't I be pushing it? Def looking into the fire shrimp :) like the 6 liner...just think there alil oddly shaped lol (short and plump)

Yeah I really like that Yuma pic as well-taken with a point & shoot 12mp (changed afew settings). Thinking about going in and editing it so everything in the background is darker so the colors pop even more.
6 lines can get up there in attitude as well. I would just try and keep it as peaceful as possible as its a smaller tank. There's alot of color out there you just have to do your research.