Dendonepthya keepers?

pacmann117

Anybody still keeping dendronepthya corals? I've been keeping mine for about 4 months now on a diet of mainly rotifers and phytoplankton. Growth has been slow, but there are definitely some new shoots growing from the base. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Scarlett778

Hey PAC, we also have one too. Been feeding it phyto feast and purchased Rotifers last week. Do you keep your Rotifers alive? And how do you do it?

Stonefish13

I've had a carnation for 3 months and I feed it phyto and cyclops-eeze. The pics not the best but you can see it's polyps out. I have it upside down in a cave. I hung it with epoxy and it stays open all the time.

BlakeT

Do you keep your Rotifers alive? And how do you do it?
We culture rotifers here at MCF. It is really quite simple. Just house them in a container with a heater, airstone, feed phytoplankton (many products are available like Rotifer diet by reed mariculture) and harvest daily.

Scarlett778

We culture rotifers here at MCF. It is really quite simple. Just house them in a container with a heater, airstone, feed phytoplankton (many products are available like Rotifer diet by reed mariculture) and harvest daily.
Cool, thanks for the advice :)

pacmann117

Thanks for the pic Blake, we've had it for about 4 months now in the SPS display and it seems to be slowly growing. So far on a strict diet of rotifers, and a small amount of phyto.