Diamond goby w/ pistol shrimp and kole tang or purple tang

kerber13

Hey guys, I'm trying to nail down a stocking list and i like the thought of the pistol shrimp and goby pair but i have a diamond goby now and im going to be getting a second one...will the pistol shrimp host with them? Ik diamonds rr watchmen but i never see this pair....Also i was wondering what u guys prefer...a purple tang or a kole tang...experiences and stories welcome...THANKS

PS can a mandarin coincide with the diamonds?

lunacris

Personally kole tangs seem to be community fish and less territorial tje the purple at least that was my experience but there are similar bristle tooth that will give ya some more color if thats what your lookong for also noticed the bristletooth tangs pick at rocks all day everyday this is just my experience tho

sparky5785

Idk from experience but from what I have heard purple tangs are one of the most aggressive territorial species and Kole tangs are awesome they help clean algae and have great peesonalies. Not sure about the diamond gobies and pistols I've only had Randall's and yellow watchman with pistols but really like the yashas.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

kerber13

Yea i love the yasha but i think the diamonds and the yasha would fight and i really want a peaceful tank...

kerber13

Yea im skipping the purple now it's between the kole tang and the white-tail bristletooth...thanks chris for the suggestion that thing is really cool and a gorgeous red..

kerber13

shoot will the diamonds attack the yasha if i get 1? Or if i kept my one diamond then got the yasha would they be okay?

lunacris

Your choice is very nice ive never seen one in peraon before so that would be cool but the tomini is another great fish and one of the smallest overal i had one that was a perfect fit al.ost as if he didnt notive any otjer fish

sparky5785

Yea im skipping the purple now it's between the kole tang and the white-tail bristletooth...thanks chris for the suggestion that thing is really cool and a gorgeous red..
Only issue is in the past year and a half my wife was looking for a white-tail bristletooth tang and no one ever has one. If you don't mind waiting for one I think they are awesome but it could be awhile.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

kerber13

Your choice is very nice ive never seen one in peraon before so that would be cool but the tomini is another great fish and one of the smallest overal i had one that was a perfect fit al.ost as if he didnt notive any otjer fish
the tomini is a cute little thing but i think the white-tail wins over him...im trying to keep it to 2 fish so i can decide easier but he's def. a nice looking guy

Funlad3

Oops, sorry about saying the pistol would pair with the diamond. Educated guessing didn't work this time. :)

Funlad3

You know me; everything works perfectly or it doesn't work at all. Or worse....

Note to self, do not plumb waste water line to faucet spigot if faucet will ever be turned off. Chaos will ensue.

kerber13

You know me; everything works perfectly or it doesn't work at all. Or worse....

Note to self, do not plumb waste water line to faucet spigot if faucet will ever be turned off. Chaos will ensue.
Chaoss meaning ur house flooding a third time xD

Funlad3

No, I think that's what went wrong THIS time, AKA the second time. Whatever, we have a plumber coming on Tuesday who's going to make it all good. That's why frag day is on Wednesday. :D

kerber13

ok back to the goby question...should i just stick with my original plan (2 diamond gobies) i'm not gonna be totally hurt if i cant have the yasha/pistol pair...any advice is greatly appreciated

Funlad3

Given my record at educated guessing for the evening, the watchmen gobies and the yasha might not fight. I still think that they would though. All the same, I haven't had either. :)

kerber13

Ya'll missed this:

I'd skip the Mandarin, unless you know for sure it eats prepared foods.
Yes I know I told myself I will not buy a mandarin unless: 1. I see it eat 2. I see it eat and 3. I see it eat. I love these guys but I refuse to **** one that will not eat prepared food