DIY ATO help

new2r1

Does anyone here know how relays work ? I have been wasting quite a bit of time trying to get a diy ato working but it looks like I am doing something wrong so before I throw in the towel I figure I check here as well.

I watched the king of diy utube video (link below ) and figured I had most of the parts so ordered the relay socket and switch from eBay and picked up a few extension cords. Unfortunately I have cut throw quite a few extension cords and can't get mine working even though the video makes it look easy. My guess is I am not plugging the wires into relay correctly but maybe the relay itself is bad ?...not sure. I will take some pics later today and post my setup so that you can see all the wiring.

Thx in advance

http://youtu.be/VdIT8peLndI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
I have pics of a built one idk how good they r but send me u number and i can text them to u basically need a relay two float switches and one extension cord and this one was in a prodject box . I didnt byild but was gonna try to one day cause it worked great

anarchy

I have pics of a built one idk how good they r but send me u number and i can text them to u basically need a relay two float switches and one extension cord and this one was in a prodject box . I didnt byild but was gonna try to one day cause it worked great
I use one just like you described

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk