DIY Cheato Reactor

#theMatrix

So my question with reactors...
Do they only filter water being passed through the reactor at a given volume at such time from entrance to exit?
In a sump they can grow as big as one can allow to grow but also should try to work as much water is in the section of the sump.

Reactors seem like only the small foot print

So my question with reactors...
Do they only filter water being passed through the reactor at a given volume at such time from entrance to exit?
In a sump they can grow as big as one can allow to grow but also should try to work as much water is in the section of the sump.

Reactors seem like only the small foot print
I thought this was a great way to have different macralgae in your system. And you can do this without using up space in your sump. I have to try this with ulva. That's something that I could never keep in my sump as it was no match for Caulerpa.

labas39

Marine Depot just posted a video on this same subject:

[video=youtube;HHB1xbOqCRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHB1xbOqCRo[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, that's a great idea!

cment

I love this! When I saw that Marine Depot video I thought it was the coolest thing lol. Beats paying $500+ like the others on the market. If I was limited on space I would definitely build one of these, so simple and effective especially on smaller tanks.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
this looks cool do you use all reads or red and blue? my algae scrubber grows algae really well with just red led light.

Irsug1

Premium member
They are advertised as waterproof and are covered with a tacky silicone perhaps. However the electrical connections are not.