Do you have a controller?

ali3596

I have a neptune aquacontroller and trying to be careful with any hazards that I may run into. Since I have three tunze powerheads(6045), I don't want to waste three outlets on the DC8 just on powerheads. I have one of these 3outlet adapter that I was going to plug into one of the outlets for my DC8 and use that for my three powerheads.

http://www.amazon.com/GE-54203-3-Grounded-Outlet-Adapter/dp/B000EU4HBO/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1349488757&sr=8-31&keywords=3outlet+plug

Would I run into any problems(electrical wise) ?

The tunze 6045 uses 7watts. The DC8 is composed of 8x120V Outlets (Max 6 Amps per outlet, total current must be less than 15 Amps)

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sparky5785

I don't have a controller but I am an electrician so I can tell you that 7 Watts for each powerhead is .058amps per powerhead for a total of .174amps total so I think you'd be ok.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

jm23

On my DC8 I have:

-2x 300W heaters
-Fan
-5 Powerheads
-2 Retun Pumps
-Skimmer

The way I fit everything is extension cords with multiple outlets on the end. As long as you keep the same type of equipment on each DC8 outlet, for example for me 3 powerheads on one DC8 outlet, I can still control it like a powerhead. You can do the same with heaters, return pumps, etc. You will be fine adding much more then you have.

LegoZ

I agree all of my in tank flow is on one outlet via a powerstrip on my DC8 i think it uses ~1.5amp my LEDS are also all on one outlet via a powerstrip, but they are on the relay outlet.

You should be fine good luck and have fun setting it up, it is SO awesome when it's done!