Do You Prefer to Purchase Frags or Colonies?

Do You Prefer to Purchase Frags or Colonies?

• I Prefer to Purchase Frags

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Prefer to Purchase Colonies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stonefish13

I have a 220 so there's plenty of room but I still prefer to go with frags. For one it's definitively cheaper and for two you get the satisfaction of watching your coral grow into a colony and to me that's the coolest part of this hobby.

ColaAddict

I go with frags. It's more fun to plan out your tank and picture how everything will look like 1yr from now, not to mention cheaper, and it takes awhile before your tank get's overcrowed.

pacmann117

A big ugly brown acro colony is a big ugly brown acro colony, a shortcake frag grown into a huge colony is a priceless centerpiece. I'd rather buy a frag and wait.

ashtree68

If I had the money and space I would buy mini colonies if that was an option. Still get to watch them grow but still fairly large. This is assuming I'm also buying them from another reefer/not from the ocean.

fastrc

I would rather buy large colony's because that take up more real estate in my large display but i do buy frags to let grow. I have most of my zoa's in tighter groups to let them mix and fill up more territory.I like to buy zoa frags in at least a 10+ bunch than a couple because they just seem to small to bother with.