Does anybody know what this is? Is it good or bad

Rcunning8

Premium member
He pulled nudi out and floating in sump, I guess it could be one of the aiptasia eating ones he added a few months ago? Anyone else on here know more about these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nudis are for the most part bad guys and that one doesn't look like any aptasia eating Nudi I have even seen. I'm glad he was able to catch him. There are a few that are OK in the tank and hundreds that aren't..

Berghia have more of a similiar shape to Monti eating Nudis, except for the size and color. The dread lock look is what I call it. The picture above shows more lacy or frilly appendages, my bet is not a good guy, but who knows what it's food source is. They all have very specific things they eat, they are not very opportunistic.

I will venture a guess he is in this family.
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=Tritoniopsis+elegans&oq=Tritoniopsis+elegans&gs_l=tablet-gws.12..0l2.5051.5051.0.6538.1.1.0.0.0.0.214.214.2-1.1.0....0...1c.2.64.tablet-gws..0.1.213.duDFBHrbTmk#imgrc=_

Last edited:

Rcunning8

Premium member
I think consensus is to get rid of him Edin it's not worth it

Spartanman22

It looks. Very similar to some nudis I pulled off a colt coral in my office softie tank. They will eat soft coral get rid of it!

edin0009

It looks. Very similar to some nudis I pulled off a colt coral in my office softie tank. They will eat soft coral get rid of it!

I did thank you, I've been keeping a very close eye haven't seen any more. Did you have more than one?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Ya I'm not sure how I didn't notice them sooner. I bought the colt coral and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then it started to not look so hot. Wouldn't open up all the way, was shriveled, and color was off. Then about a week after noticing the changes in health I found 5 of those guys around the base! They were all at least 1" so either they grow very fast or I'm blind! It's been about a month since and haven't noticed any signs since.