dosing

chriz2

Hi everyone
I am ready to install my Jebao dp4 dosing pump. I was manually dosing for a while in my reef tank and decided to try the Jebao dosing pump. I purposely did not dose for a week to see how much my parameters dropped.

Original Parameters

Cal 400
Alk 10 dkh
Mag 1250

One week without dosing

Cal 380
Alk 7.9 dkh
Mag 1350

Surprisingly mag went up

I decided to program dosing pump to dose daily
10ml cal
15ml alk
5ml mag

I got these numbers from taking how much was used by my tank daily, but it seems like its a very small amount for my heavily stocked reef tank.

Can any one tell me if I am on the right track

rockhead

Need size of tank, what kind of tank stock you have and what kind if salt are you using.

Tom

rockhead

It seems really low but you test should Steer you in the right direction, if your salt is high in mag Cal alk that's a good thing but as everything grows you'll always have to be adjusting, that's just reefing.

Tom

Siebo

Premium member
What product are you dosing? You waited a week so all 7 days?

Calulations for alk using BRS two part is: 7 day usage of 2.5dkh divided 7 days = .35per day. Per the calculator on BRS, You use 45ml per day to raise the alk .35dkh per day in 180g tank.

This all depends on the product though.

chriz2

What product are you dosing? You waited a week so all 7 days?

Calulations for alk using BRS two part is: 7 day usage of 2.5dkh divided 7 days = .35per day. Per the calculator on BRS, You use 45ml per day to raise the alk .35dkh per day in 180g tank.

This all depends on the product though.
Thanks for the help