Dr. G's Coral Dip in tank treatment for Red Bugs

RuNvS

[MENTION=2082]sk8elenex92[/MENTION] - Everything still look good after treatment? I have a bottle coming today from premium aquatics, I found red bugs on Friday which is very disappointing as I dip everything before it enters my tank. Over the past month colors have gone down and a large piece of my Cali Tort Colony started to die. Couldn't figure out what was going on until I spotted the little suckers crawling all over my Acros, they are super tiny. I am going to dose tonight and see what happens I only have a few snails and two shrimp so not too concerned if I lose them.

Did you do any follow up doses?

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I have not had any issues. no algae and no casualties. My acros are finally showing amazing PE and great color. The one acro had the most red bugs changed to a crazy green and purple, looks nothing like it was when I bought it. I only did the one dose. Another user here has also dosed the entire tank.. Let us know what happens after the dose.
[MENTION=3497]#theMatrix[/MENTION]

RuNvS

I have not had any issues. no algae and no casualties. My acros are finally showing amazing PE and great color. The one acro had the most red bugs changed to a crazy green and purple, looks nothing like it was when I bought it. I only did the one dose. Another user here has also dosed the entire tank.. Let us know what happens after the dose.
[MENTION=3497]#theMatrix[/MENTION]
Sounds good- thanks for the info yea I will dose tonight I have about 160 gallon total water volume. I will let everyone know how it goes.

#theMatrix

All sings are good. Only lost the hermit crabs. Other than that. No loss on coral. The colonies that had the red bugs are clean now and PE is better...

Over all this worked great and still have more to use for dips or treatment. I did 5 capfulls right into the supply pump chamber. Turned off skimmer for 6hrs. And resumed the next morning. I havent done a water change because the amount used per volume is micro.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

RuNvS

All sings are good. Only lost the hermit crabs. Other than that. No loss on coral. The colonies that had the red bugs are clean now and PE is better...

Over all this worked great and still have more to use for dips or treatment. I did 5 capfulls right into the supply pump chamber. Turned off skimmer for 6hrs. And resumed the next morning. I havent done a water change because the amount used per volume is micro.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.
Thanks- How much water volume do you have? I was going to keep my skimmer on but pull the air hose off over night and resume normal operation in the morning.

#theMatrix

Thanks- How much water volume do you have? I was going to keep my skimmer on but pull the air hose off over night and resume normal operation in the morning.
Its a 125g with a 55g sump. I went by what others online were doing. Skimmer off resume later. Remove crabs if you can. I had huge blue leg hermits that died...then small cheap crabs died too but some red leg made it. It stunned them for a week and are moving again.

RuNvS

Alright well I put 6 cap fulls into my tank last night- Left Skimmer on but pulled the air hose to keep water moving through it. I have 2 peppermint shrimp in fuge and a cleaner and coral banded in my display. All livestock looks ok so far. I left the tank in that setup for 13 hours, restarted my skimmer this morning and have not done a water change. The few pieces I normally see a dozen or so Red Bugs on were clean this morning with no sign of one in sight. all my pods in my fuge look fine as well.