Dwarf Golden Moray

mlreef

Does anyone have experience with them? Looking for firsthand info on these guys. I'm eventually looking to get a pair if they make sense.

Thanks

rosko23

i wanted one.. I've heard they are very reef safe but i still don't trust them around small fish... i have heard they are good with them. There was a guy on r2r i talked to about it for a while... still can't pull trigger

madjoe

Premium member
Does anyone have experience with them? Looking for firsthand info on these guys. I'm eventually looking to get a pair if they make sense.

Thanks
i know somebody had one on here . just cant remember who sorry . they look cool though but little heavy price tag imo

mlreef

Thanks guys! I still want to see if someone locally was kept one for a while and get their first hand opinion.

FishBeard

Don't these have a similar temperament to the snowflake? I have had a snowflake in my tank for a while now and never lost any livestock (that I know of) I do feed heavy enough I've actually put it in hibernation mode for 3 weeks not too long ago. Very friendly addition IMO.

Tethered_Limbs

sum kid on TRT had one, but it slipped out of his tank. they shud be fine with small fish, unless the tiny fish has a death wish

rosko23

Thanks guys! I still want to see if someone locally was kept one for a while and get their first hand opinion.
Mike if ur on r2r.. Claudill has one.. His name is Greg.. Tell him I told u.. He knows me as Jorge and rosko23

roilciuc

Ive had a snowflake and I assume this one would do the same thing as mine. They can jump over a foot of air out of the tank, will eat all crabs except hermits, but overall will be a great addition. Doesnt bother fish, but Ive had my snowflake kill a copperband butterfly during a feeding frenzy. He didnt eat the fish, just bit it on accident and the fish died 2 days later. They wont attack fish, but they dont see well so any fish is a likely target. I do think mine was just more aggressive. Now last thing, make sure you close up all intakes!!!! mine went down the sump in a new tank set up along with another moray and tried to take a ride in the external return pump. Destroyed the pump, I think, my friend who was keeping my fish hasnt had time to check it out yet.

Shovelman

Ive had experience with them for over a few months now, cool eels, haven't bothered the small file fish or blue hamlet that were in his tank with him. Awesome coloration, and maxing at 12" isn't to bad (if you like smaller tanks), making them perfect for tanks of 30gallons and up. Anything else you were looking for?