Ecotech Users Group

Coral Man

Premium member
I didn’t see any other ecotech based threads so I figured I’d start one up. I’ll be receiving my 1st ecotech product tomorrow. Radion 30 pro G4, which is a bit overkill for my 40g cube but go big or go home, right?

Anyone running the G4 Pro? What setting do you run? I keep seeing everyone use sps a/b setting, anyone with experience? I know these things are powerful and wondering what % to start the light at and what setting you have yours at?View attachment 23154View attachment 23155

Mjl714

I have a bunch of MP10’s, but no G4, it’ll be awesome, Ecotech makes great stuff.

I have two G4’s over a IM lagoon 50 @60% using ab+. Started at 40% acclimation mode for 3weeks. This is a sps dominant tank. Colors and growth are fantastic! You will love the radion.

Coral Man

Premium member
Awesome, I’ll keep this thread active with my progress. Might take a few days of research before I actually put it up, kinda scared of losing coral as I’ve heard horror stories of switching but I’m going from leds to leds so I may be overreacting. Though I’m sure ocean revives is shit compared to the power of radions.

- - - Updated - - -

I just started with them and am using the coral radiance program currently.
Is this a mixed reef setting? I’ve got a bit of everything in my little 40g.

Irsug1

Premium member
Awesome, I’ll keep this thread active with my progress. Might take a few days of research before I actually put it up, kinda scared of losing coral as I’ve heard horror stories of switching but I’m going from leds to leds so I may be overreacting. Though I’m sure ocean revives is shit compared to the power of radions.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a mixed reef setting? I’ve got a bit of everything in my little 40g.
It's a very blue setting. I honestly think it comes down to intensity mainly for mixed reef. I just started a couple of days ago with 45 percent on a 55g. Used to have the og ai hydras at 100 percent.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I use the ab+ I have 2 G4 pros over my 120. I started at 35% now I'm up to 80% which is about 350 par on my highest rock.

I have great growth on my sps.

Last edited:

conchman

Premium member
I have a Gen 4 15, likely not using it to it potential. I had it at around 35% on the 20 Fusion. Had no lights for a few days while moving everyone into the 50 SCA. I turned it down to 15%, and have been bringing it up slowly. Currently at 45%, still bringing it up. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Even the Rasta's have been popping pretty much all open. I look for growth and health as a gauge, never used a PAR meter, should.

Greasy Growth?? Not sure I want grease in my tank, LOL....

Amozoc

Premium member
Same like me my first time Radion G4 X15 over a nano fusion 20 gl. If a put blue my buuble tip anemone do not like it and hide if i put white i bleached my corals intensity at 25 % and whites no more than 30% so i cannot find the right settings

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

Coral Man

Premium member
That’s the worry, as my tank is 24x24x16. My sps rock is raised but in a 16” deep tank...light will be I think 9” over tank with the ecotech rms mount. I run my ocean revive at 100blue and 25white. I think I’m going to start real low and raise it up to about 50%blue and 15white. But these have about 6 channels, so I’m guessing I’ll just have to tweak one of the settings to accommodate.

Amozoc

Premium member
That’s the worry, as my tank is 24x24x16. My sps rock is raised but in a 16” deep tank...light will be I think 9” over tank with the ecotech rms mount. I run my ocean revive at 100blue and 25white. I think I’m going to start real low and raise it up to about 50%blue and 15white. But these have about 6 channels, so I’m guessing I’ll just have to tweak one of the settings to accommodate.
So now lower my UV light to 70% whites 30% amber 10% green 10% red 10% and brightness 30% looks good and acclimation mode 2 weeks at 25 %

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

Coral Man

Premium member
Well...it was supposed to get here today and ups says delivered but it’s not on my damn porch!! Looks like I gotta make a stolen claim. Anyone ever have delivered goods from brs stolen? You’d think they would require signature for a $1000 box...

Captain

Sorry to hear that its been stolen. I hate that people are out there that would do that....

Ive been running a mix of Radions Gen3 Gen3pro over my 75g sps 4x20x20 and a gen 2 over my frag tank 24x24x10 all running AB+. My 75 are running at 60% but I started at 35 and raised them slowly 3-5%/week. On the Gn2 with the frag tank I change it depending on the corals but mostly its around 30%. I just picked up the Wide Angle TIR for it and ill prob have to go to 50%

Coral Man

Premium member
Yeah...hopefully they have insurance? I’m not sure how it works. I’ve had someone steal dry rock before and reefckeaners replaced it no problem. But talking $1000 here...

30-35% is what I was thinking after reading a few r2r threads.
Not sure on the wattage of the g2 but the g4 pro is 190w