edsbeaker's Red Sea Reefer 250 Build

edsbeaker

After a three year hiatus, which included a move to Indianapolis, where reefing is pretty much non-existent compared to the Chicago area, I am putting up a new tank. I thought I would get a start on the build while I was waiting for my tank to arrive. It will be here in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I am working out the details. In prior builds I've had the luxury of a basement sump, but I'm not as fortunate in our new home....no basement. I like a lot of automation eliminating having hoses and such lying across the floor while doing maintenance, etc. In my experience it saves a lot of accidents that I've been prone to. So although I don't have a basement, I do have this! :biggrin1:

View attachment 20443

Sorry that it is on it's side. This is a storage closet under our staircase and is located just behind this:

View attachment 20442

The wall outside of the storage closet. So the tank will go here with a great fish room behind.

My equipment list includes
2 vortech MP10's,
2 radion XR15's,
Reef Octopus SRO 1000INT,
Apex Classic with
WMX to control radions and vortechs,
3 BRS Drew's dosers,
Tunze Osmolater ATO.
BRS 75GPD value plus RODI
60 lbs BRS Reef Saver Dry Rock

View attachment 20444

So that is it for now. I am waiting on a adaptor to hook up my RODI directly to the cold water line under my bathroom vanity, then I'll be able to start making some RODI water to soak the rock. Hopefully there won't be much leaching of phosphates. I have read that the reef saver has much less problems then the pukani, so I'm hoping that's the case.

Updates coming soon, I hope. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

gonebad395

Very nice can't wait to see it and welcome to Indiana. Most from Indiana are nwi but Indy isn't that far ever make it up this way let me know once the tanks is going I'll frag ya some nice zoas on the house.

edsbeaker

What color stand you both go with ?
I went with black based on my home decor.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice can't wait to see it and welcome to Indiana. Most from Indiana are nwi but Indy isn't that far ever make it up this way let me know once the tanks is going I'll frag ya some nice zoas on the house.
Thanks. I will probably take you up on that!

- - - Updated - - -

awesome. love my reefer 350. just dont break the o-rings on the plumbing like i did.
Where are there O-rings? I don't have my tank yet.

shift9k

Putting the stand together now. Not as difficult as imagined, which is making me nervous. The weight of the tank alone is, well.... a lot!