• I don't have a QT because of lack of space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in a QT and don't feel a need to set up one

• You are getting on my nerve!!!

• Total voters

poidog

Maybe it's just always in your tank but healthy fish keep it in remission and over the course of months it dies out. There have been strong reports that it takes 11 months to eradicate ich when no outbreaks are present or no new stains of it are introduced.

Maybe it's just always in your tank but healthy fish keep it in remission and over the course of months it dies out. There have been strong reports that it takes 11 months to eradicate ich when no outbreaks are present or no new stains of it are introduced.
The idea here is that all your fish will die or develop immunity well before 11 months. You cannot introduce any new fish during this period or the clock starts over. I've had an ich outbreak about 9 months ago. I've not lost anything since the second week and I have not seen any spots in 4 months. So hopefully my system will be ich free soon if not already.

poidog

Exactly Kevin. Also supplementing food with amino acids will boast immune systems. If fish are showing signs also add metro and focus medicines to food for 30 days. This makes the cysts fall off and not reattach because the ich does not like the medicine that is in the fish.

Exactly Kevin. Also supplementing food with amino acids will boast immune systems. If fish are showing signs also add metro and focus medicines to food for 30 days. This makes the cysts fall off and not reattach because the ich does not like the medicine that is in the fish.
I feed pellets a couple times a week that have absorbed Selcon.

poidog

selcon is good stuff. you can also add some of it to some rods food for a good immune boost.

selcon is good stuff. you can also add some of it to some rods food for a good immune boost.
I was wondering about that. I tried to mix with rods but it just mixed in with the water and clouded up the feeding area. I couldn't see how any of it would actually get consumed by the fish.

poidog

Dont mix it with water (I don't ever mix with water). I just break a chunk of rods off, add your additives (aminos, selcon, etc...) let it defrost in a cup/bowl. Mix it all together. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb. Then just dump it in, or spoon feed it to the tank. Fish will then eat big chunks of the food, instead of just pieces.

Dont mix it with water (I don't ever mix with water). I just break a chunk of rods off, add your additives (aminos, selcon, etc...) let it defrost in a cup/bowl. Mix it all together. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb. Then just dump it in, or spoon feed it to the tank. Fish will then eat big chunks of the food, instead of just pieces.
Got it!