Ehiem jager heater question

The reefer

I just received my jager heaters. And do I have to calibrate it or does it come calibrated? Also I does it have an indicator light so I can know it's on? I just put it in the tank and I don't see it

bluethumb

should be calibrated and should have any indicator light. best bet is to set it a bit low (73-75) and see how it reacts. more often than not heaters over heat if they are strong enough watt wise. plus a hot tank is way worse than a slighty cool tank so 75 or so should be a safe start

The reefer

I have it at 77 and left it on for 30 min so far. I'll check right now. It's a 50w and usually keep my tank at 78-79

The reefer

Hey I just put the heater in last night and I set it at 78-79 and when I woke up my tank was at 76! I raised it up a degree b4 I went to work hopefully everything goes up atleast to 77. I usually have it at 78-79. It might b off a couple degrees. I have to find the right spot for it.

When I had the stealth for the tank to b at 78 1/2 I had to put it on 84 so I guess that's way happening atleast I think.

The reefer

Yea it's a digital thermometer. I have a regular thermometer for WC mayb I'll just switch them. I just called my wife and she told me the temp is at 77.4 so it's around a 2 degree offset

The reefer

I read that but he isn't sure what date he bought it cuz b4 they were not fully submersible. Now it's ul approved and it's says full submersed and it has a min water line just like the aquean does

The reefer

He actually posted to to disregard his don't submersed statement. He was just angry. But still he recommends to put a gfci for safety

The reefer

Yea I'm Gona go to HD today for the gfci. Is there a way to b double protected using surge strips also? And I'm Gona order my rkl this weekend most likely. And yea I never assumed they invisible. It's just like every other electronic sum r good sum r bad.

The reefer

Where did u get the gfci strip? I'm Gona go pik up a gfci sockets for the tank today. Is that ok for now? I'm Gona order the rkl this weekend for more safety.

xtlosx

It will be drilled/plumbed/filled tomorrow with water and sand. Mangroves will be here Friday and I'm just going to toss some dry rock in for the time being while my good rock stays fallow for another 4 weeks. Livestock will hopefully be picked up this weekend.

Where you getting the Mangroves from? If you end up getting some extra, let me know would love to trade for something. I've been looking around for them locally.