Electrical issues

Rich130981

I have a frag tank that has been up a few weeks. I have not added anything to the electrical load. Ran fine until today. The gfi keeps popping. I reduced the load on the power strip but the outlet gfi keeps popping. I swithed the powerstrip to another outlet without a gfi and it runs fine. I plugged my washing machine and modem in the gfi plugs and now the outlet doesnt pop when they run. Im confused on what might be going on

Siebo

Premium member
plug them in all in the strip and pull the plugs one by one to determine what is causing the pop. when the gfi no longer trips you found your problem.

madjoe

Premium member
Mine did that with bad heater once and again with bad pump blew three in morning i sleep tgrough the loudest of noises but my fish sense kicked in and it woke me up lol

nailbender

Sounds like a problem with a motor (pump). I once had a pump for a waterfall out back one day decided to pop the gif. Plug it into a non gfi pump ran fine. Plug it back into gfi and pop. I replaced the pump and it's all good.

Rich130981

Earlier I went to unplug stiff in to see what causes the issue and when i plugged the cord into the outlet the gfi didn't pop. Hopefully its nothing