Elos!

charris24

So I'm still not able to set it up as we are moving at the end of the year. Buuuuut, that doesn't mean I can't buy stuff for it!
It's an Elos mini, just got a kessil a160we with the spectral controller, and equipment that I have from previous set ups. I am either going to have a sump built or I am gonna order one, that is the last piece I really need. Have an mp10, apex, and all the little pieces I need. Once we get in the new house this baby will get to go in a common area!!!
Sorry for the mess in the pics, but here it is dry with the kessil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gg1111

Nice cube!! Play with rocks/aquascape for the next couple of weeks also.. and think about corals n fish! That will keep you buzy . Must be Hard waiting for the move then the cycle. Lol

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Fill it up! Unless you're moving across the country, that tank would be easy to move while running. No need to wait around for three months. Just get it going. I cant even count how many times I moved my old 55 gallon tank and I moved my 90 twice (twice in one month between my apartment lease expiring and closing on my condo). Never lost a fish. Go for it. I mean, I wouldn't buy sps, etc, but you can surely get it cycled and get a fish or two in three months.

charris24

It's tempting! If anything I will get my live rock and start cycling it. I just don't want to transport any livestock.

charris24

Much to my dismay I am still dry :( the good thing is I almost have all the pieces in place and the big move is happening the second week in December. I have Justin working on a sump design: super pumped about! Picked up a tunze nano ato, ai sol for the sump, via Aqua 300w heater, apex pm2 with conductivity probe and upgraded to a dc3000 return pump...Thanks Ed!
Just need a sump in place and plumbing and she can come to life!
Had a visit from Justin and he had a great idea to put my ato container under my stand where I was originally going to hide the apex, so added to my list is a custom ato container! It's been torture not having this thing wet, but what's another month at this point, tons a killer deals on livestock does not help . Enjoy my pain!

jrpark22000

Premium member
it'll come soon enought and then you'll have to wait for the cycle, then aging enough for coral, etc. Enjoy the long ride :D

charris24

Haha, I can handle the growing part, it's the not having anything to look at and tinker with that's killing me!

charris24

A few weeks away from the house being done! Most big purchases for the house are done, so my countdown to the tank is on! I already have a plan for where the tank will sit, it will be the highlight to the entry living room!

charris24

So we are moved and settling. As my wife and I argue over where it is most "feng shui" I will post the changes. Feel free to tell me which you like most!

I stole someone's idea to get a shoe holder from ikea and I have my apex drilled into the bottom section of the holder. Still need the refugium, but everything is ready!

charris24

The corner could be nice and bad. I have two little rascals that would want to add their own additions. The wife gets final say...so we will see!