Email I got from Drs. Foster and Smith

Lmecher

Say I am cycling a 100 gallon tank. According to this I can add One and Only then safely add 100 medium sized fish??
In a day or two I can go ahead and add more fish??
I emailed them and pointed this mistake out, here they're reply.

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience. We recommend no more than 1" of fish per gallon for freshwater tanks, and no more than 1/2" of fish for saltwater tanks. We apologize; however, we are not seeing where we state that you can add one medium fish per gallon with this product. We have checked our catalogs, and our webpage below.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18986

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Could you please point out where you are seeing this statement? Thank you for your assistance.

If we can be of additional assistance, please contact our Internet Customer Service Department at 1-800-381-7179, via email or on our Live Help link. Live Help is available 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST weekends.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
Drs. Foster & Smith
Foster and Smith Aquatics
srv

ColorMeCorals

1'' = 1 inch of fish

Say I am cycling a 100 gallon tank. According to this I can add One and Only then safely add 100 medium sized fish??
In a day or two I can go ahead and add more fish??
I emailed them and pointed this mistake out, here they're reply.

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience. We recommend no more than 1" of fish per gallon for freshwater tanks, and no more than 1/2" of fish for saltwater tanks. We apologize; however, we are not seeing where we state that you can add one medium fish per gallon with this product. We have checked our catalogs, and our webpage below.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18986

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Could you please point out where you are seeing this statement? Thank you for your assistance.

If we can be of additional assistance, please contact our Internet Customer Service Department at 1-800-381-7179, via email or on our Live Help link. Live Help is available 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST weekends.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
Drs. Foster & Smith
Foster and Smith Aquatics
srv

Pufferpunk

Dr Tim invented Bio-Spira. Then separated from Marineland & started this product. That's why it's called; "One & Only".

Oops, just read that last paragraph.

I HATE THAT 1"/GALLON RULE!!! Do you know how many newbies fall for that one???

Smitty

Premium member
"After initial dosing, you will be able to safely add one medium-sized fish per gallon. You might detect a little ammonia or nitrite for a day or so but this will quickly disappear. You can then add more fish to the aquarium."
I see what you're talking about Linda, I'm surprised they didn't see that.

fastrc

Ya if all the medium fish you put in don't die from poisoning go ahead and add some more it will be ok we think,(thats what it should say) lol

trackfast

Princess Trainer
"After initial dosing, you will be able to safely add one medium-sized fish per gallon."
Cool! I'm going to order some and then get several tangs for my nano tanks.

Stonefish13

I have 220 triggers in my 220 so as long as I pour a bottle of that in I'm good. I won't even need water changes. It's a miracle.

Lmecher

Thank you for all the replys.
I had good intentions pointing out this error to them. I called yesterday after getting their reply email. I explained exactly where to find it, she read it and agreed it was incorrect. That was Saturday morning, we'll see if it get fixed.

jcarlilesiu

I have to suspect that this was an honest error.

Obviously Dr. Foster & Smith wouldn't advocate adding 1 medium size fish per gallon and then continue to claim that more can be added later.

I think this was just a typo.

Lmecher

I have to suspect that this was an honest error.

Obviously Dr. Foster & Smith wouldn't advocate adding 1 medium size fish per gallon and then continue to claim that more can be added later.

I think this was just a typo.
Absolutely, wrong wording. However...you'd think once a customer pointed it out it would be fixed quickly.

Oh well, my intention is not to bash this company. I love their customer service and guarantees. Better than most out there.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
"Oh well, my intention is not to bash this company. I love their customer service and guarantees. Better than most out there. "

+1 Great customer service. And delivery is only a few days.