Email notifications..

rosko23

Am I the only one not getting the email notifications when I get a PM anymore? Just saw I had like 10 msgs from last night til this morning.

Herbie

Banned
I get an email for every PM, but it seems to be lagged a litle. I actually have tapatalk notifications on them as well and that seems instant (I am not obsessive, just too lazy to remove them from one or the other). The email from here can vary in timing quite a bit.

rosko23

I'm not getting any. Use to get right away. So if anyone sends pm and I don't reply. U know y

CoralCompulsion

Same here. No email notifications today. Logged onto the site, and saw I had messages in my inbox, yet still haven't received emails notifying me.

EyeReef

Hey Guys,
I'm sorry that this is happening. I'm sure its causing a lot of inconvenience to a lot of us, me included. Ime, this should be temp. It has to do with the server, and if the server is busy, emails will get backed up. Hopefully this will be short lived and things will go back to normal. Also check your "usercp" to make sure you enable the option to receive email from admin. Sorry again.

EyeReef

Can the server handle the traffic for the live sale!??!?!?
If this means more traffic coming from outside the Chitown community, we'll have to wait and see. But I think we should be okay. Im not quite sure how these live sales will work?

Saledo

If this means more traffic coming from outside the Chitown community, we'll have to wait and see. But I think we should be okay. Im not quite sure how these live sales will work?
Every 15 minutes the vendor posts a number of links to the items for sale at that moment, people race to buy them first come first win... also they usually do give aways for x amount of post number so people race to do posts to get ot that number and win. It will generate a significant amount of posts in one single thread, and during any free giveaways the server will get hammered with constant refresh requests....

If you havent already I would set the timer for posts, making sure at least 20 seconds between postings to keep it from really killing the server...

The one that Joe did at Reef2Reef a few weeks ago went to 573 pages.... http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/joe-knows-reefs/92380-official-joes-1st-annual-24hr-live.html?highlight=joeknowsreef

poidog

Ya, but Joe's and WWC's live sale are 24 hours of complete coral mayhem! lol ours will only be about 3 hrs long. But yes, there will be alot of page refreshes and posts.

I would not put a timer limit on posts as these tend to move pretty quick, and I don't want to wait in between posting... it'll kill the forum.