Facebook

Best Fish

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005351087089

Why I was not on Facebook. (Disclaimer...most of this was plagiarized from someone else, but found it amusing and agreeing with most of what he said. I just tweaked it a little)

I generally do not join things, especially things that I cannot check out first. I cannot look at Facebook until I sign up for it, I will not join Facebook until I can view it and see what the deal is. Sort of a "Catch 22" there. After all I do not know if I can un-join if I do not like what I see there. This may be a pretty pathetic reason for my not signing up for something that apparently 100.2% of the population of the Earth is participating in, but there it is.

I do not expect Facebook to change their policy to allow me to poke around there for a while to just look, and they seem so far to be fairly fine with the idea of me not joining their club. I, on the other hand, find it very easy to resist the lure of something I know little about. So we are both good with the idea of me being a non-member.

However I do receive requests from folks to be their "friend" on Facebook. This "invite" gives me two options; 1. Become their friend (is a beer involved?), 2. Tell them to "kiss-off." I do not understand the first option and the second option seems to be pretty rude. So I do nothing. I would like to explain to them that I do not know what being their Facebook friend means, but that is not an option. So I just delete the email and get on with my life.

Then I get about 7 more emails from the same person asking me to be their friend. They get pretty needy after the first 4 or 5 but eventually they give up, or die of despair. I never find out which since the invite never gives me their email address so I can check. And I can't check their Facebook page to see if they are OK, because Facebook will not let me in. So you can send an invite to me to become your Facebook friend but please do not take it hard when you do not hear back from me. I am sorry but I have no way to send you an email to tell you that I do not belong to Facebook. I am probably the last living human on the internet that is not a member. Well it had to be someone, why not me? The only thing more foreign to me would be to take a "selfie", posting it on Twitter and wondering why someone would care that I just ordered a hamburger at Culvers??

But..... I finally relented. My employees talked me into it and they started a Facebook page for "Best Fish". First "born" yesterday (7/19/2014). On a personal level, I still find this an unproductive use of time...lol... but have always understood that it is a good business move. Having said that, our first day resulted in me paying our Best Fish Crew to look at Facebook all day, Hmmmm, second thoughts ya think??? Everyone assures me the novelty will wear off and our tanks will get cleaned again. Then the real horror!!! I spent a couple hours looking at what they did and actually posted a couple of pictures as well! (Sorry if I did not return all of your emails, like I said, I have been assured the Facebook novelty will wear off) Then the confusing part, I am getting friend requests from people I have no clue who they are...found myself looking at their page and asking myself...what the heck did I do???? Saw all kinds of pictures of the nicest looking strangers you can imagine though.

Couldn’t sleep last night, woke up wondering if I had more "friends". Hurried to the store this morning to check my Facebook page. Then I snapped out of it..."What was I thinking". So I am back on track, will get back to your emails, tanks will get cleaned and I will leave Facebook to my employees (on their own time I hope---lol) We will experiment with this over the upcoming months and see where it leads.

I think, though I am not sure, that this link will lead you to our page and you can be our friend too!!! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005351087089 I just copied this link and am assuming it remains the same. Is there a way to require new friends to help clean tanks once in awhile???

Thanks for reading my rant.

Brian - "Best Fish"
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... p60I#gid=0