Favorite salt

Joe5688

Your alive !!!!!!!
yes i am lol.

And yes i dose. I was dosing a lot with salinity but the parameters were never the same for water changes and i fought trying to balance alk/calc for a lonnng time. I got pissed and stopped dosing all together until i get rid of this damn bucket of salt lol. Gonna pick up IO and go from there.

jonh5150

I think if you are dosing and fairly good at it....the I/o is a great option. It gets you a better starting baseline. I only have a nano and no sticks so reef crystals is all I need.

cet98

thanks guys, it's as I suspected...it seems that if you are dosing there is really no need to buy a higher priced salt mix as there is likely no overall benefit since the much needed Ca, Alk and Mg are being supplemented...since I never dose anything including trace elements, it seems that SeaChem offers my corals just what they need...

tmb22

I used reef crystals from day one about 4 years ago. I run an all SPS tank, and I try to keep the alk around 7, so I didn't like how reef crystals mix to around 12 or so. As of one month ago, I switched to the standard IO salt and haven't really noticed any ill effects. It still mixes to around 10 dKh, but better than 12. More stable alk and better price... Can't really go wrong.