feeding my clown trigger

kratos1028

This guy is about 7". I actually fed them quite a lot before I took this video but the ct looked like it had a little more space in his belly for another mussel. The ct was a little skinny when I bought it but its getting fat now like the other fish. You can't tell from the video but the naso is about 2.5" thick.

btw, anyone else notice their fish breathing faster during feeding time or is it just me? They breath normally between feedings but during feedings they get a little hyper and start to breath fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8oUuzDYMc&feature=youtu.be

kratos1028

Lol nah, only the Maculiceps will attempt while it's still attached to the shell. The others don't like it on the half shell. Once the meat comes off that the shell, it's a free for all.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Super awesome fish. How long have you had him? Aren't these guys known for flipping out an becoming complete psychopaths after they reach a certain age? Have you had any problems with him?

That cleaner wrasse is awesome too. Aren't these tough to keep? I'd love to get one in my tank.

kratos1028

They can go crazy but not all are the same. I took that chance and I got lucky. There is another guy I know who had one for 10 years in his Reef and it never bothered anything. It doesn't touch my inverts at all. I was ready to get everyone out after I put the CT in but I learned pretty quick that he is a push over. My 2.5" chrysurus angel chases the CT away from it's chilling area. The only fish that let the CT slide are my damsels.

I have had the CT for about 2 months now. The cleaner wrasse I have it for a few months, don't remember exactly but at least 5. It's eating frozen and flakes along with cleaning the other fish.

steveo9043

Kratos! I loved your reef but this tank is looking mighty nice as well! I can't wait for my 125 so I can get some bigger fish.