Feeding Reef Roids

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Who here uses reef roids and their recommended amount? I would usually use 2 or 3 little scoops of the stuff and mix it with the frozen, but sometimes just directly feed it to the corals. I actually read the directions on this stuff and it says to use 1/4 teaspoon for 25 gallons! My tank is about 120 gallons so I would have to use a full teaspoon plus some!!

I tried a full teaspoon and holy smokes that is a lot of reef roids. I turned off the flow and feed it directly to the corals and my tank was completely full of it. The fish were going crazy over it and just trying to eat directly out of the turkey baster. Does any one here actually use that much in there tank on a regular basis????

enzo1028

Premium member
I do a teaspoon for my 60g. I’ve noticed a big difference with my LPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
I have a 120 with a 21 Frag tank and I feed 2 teaspoons every 3 days with Polyp booster, then Acropower every 3 days, and Fuel every 3 days. So some sort of food goes in my tank every 3 days. On top of that my fish get fed 3 times a day.

With all the my PO4 is .017 (according to Triton ICP), my NO3 shows 0 on my Sailfert test

You can click the link below to look at the results on my SPS, on my LPS (Plate coral, Duncan, Elegance) i feed krill, Hammer gets target fed mysis. Anemone gets Krill

Last edited:

Cubano32

Premium member
I also heard another method when you add water you should let it sit for about 10 to 15 min to make sure it get saturated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I guess I will continue using the recommended dose. I've been feeding just frozen for the last 3 weeks without rinsing and I still can not register any phos or nitrates in the tank.