Fiji Bristleworm

So I was walking along the beach in Fiji grabbing everything I could get my hands on. I found all kinds of crabs, stars, seaweed and fish while walking across the lagoons. Halfway down the beach I found these bristleworms close to shore. I used my finger to try to move one and a minute later it felt like my fingers were on fire.

These suckers were not extended and I would say 6 inches long. I didn't scream because I knew I had to man up with all those big, strong, hot fiji and australian men on the beach. Inside I was screaming like a flaming boystown sissy. The bristles were stuck inside my finger tips but easily scraped off. I think I have one of these in my tank....a tiny one. :fear:

Lil BamBam

Premium member
LOL!!!! We won't tell.. But did you look around afterwards? Just case if anyone seen you holding your hand with a concern look :D

LOL!!!! We won't tell.. But did you look around afterwards? Just case if anyone seen you holding your hand with a concern look :D
Trust me, I looked!

I walked all over the beach and lagoons with bare feet but I was always on the look out for more of these. I asked one of the guides who took us on a cave tour that I went on if there were any bristleworms on the beach...and he said no. Liar. Had I stepped on one of these, everyone at that resort would have heard a high-pitched scream that I thought I had previously lost during puberty.

I flew back to the windy city last night. I took tons of pic and video with my phone but my phone stopped working and I lost everything today when I picked up my new phone. :-(