Finnex vs JBJ Heater

yman182

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my heater as I don't think my current one will do the trick in the winter months. I was comparing the JBJ True Temp 300w with the Finnex HMO 300w. Any suggestions? I was also looking at the neo-therm heaters, but they only have upto 200w and I am not sure if that is enough to heat 73 gallons.

Thank you,

Yury

skunkmere

whatever you buy you should have two, if one breaks the other will be a backup. i usually get jager heaters. I wouldnt get jbj. not sure about the other brand.

yman182

whatever you buy you should have two, if one breaks the other will be a backup. i usually get jager heaters. I wouldnt get jbj. not sure about the other brand.
I actually have a jager now and like it, but the larger one is just so darn long that I dont know where I would put it. It is almost 20" long.

skunkmere

i got that long one too. it is super long, lol. I didnt in my 90g tank but in my 9g pico i put it behind all the rockwork on its side. i wish i could do that with my 90.

yman182

has anyone every put the heater into the overflow chamber if the heater would be underwater even with the return off?