First saltwater tank after 20 years of freshwater

Quicksilver

Hey everyone, been on here for a while and have had my tank for a few months now. Purchased it from a local member who was moving. Some new additions since taking it over and beyond losing some SPS and a yellow tang to my carpet everything has been going well. I have had freshwater tanks off/on for over 20 years and thought it was time to make the jump and with with my little ones interested I thought this was as good as anytime to move to saltwater.
Right now the challenging part is trying to keep my carpet and bubble tip anemones from moving around and stinging everything.

Future plans are to get a pair of Cardinalfish, a pair of Fire Fish and a Royal Gamma.
Also want to replace the T5s with 2x Hydra HD 26s

Current setup:
Red Sea Max 250
XXL green toadstool leather,
XL neon green carpet anemone,
Large green bubble coral, ,
2x large green bubble tip anemones,
lots of various zoas
Large Branching frogspawn
Small hammer

4x Clownfish (one set of active mating pair)
Yellow Tang (second attempt)
6 line wrasse
Orchid dottyback
Coral Beauty
2x cleaner shrimp
Dozens of blue and red leg hermits and snails

View attachment 21875View attachment 21876View attachment 21877View attachment 21878View attachment 21880View attachment 21881View attachment 21882View attachment 21888View attachment 21889View attachment 21890

Last edited:

trackfast

Princess Trainer
That toadstool is huge! Very nice looking tank. I wish I could be some help with your BTAs but they'll do what they want. lol Mine usually stay in place but one does walk from time to time and then it goes back.