first time aquascaping help me ahh!

expo703

Well.. First time EVER aquascaping.. I had a very minimalist look before got another 30 lbs of dry rock and tried to aquascape it again.. idk if I like it can you guys give me some advice or suggestions? Here is before and after .. it was hard using 3 different types of rocks, live rock, big dry rock and Florida dry rock from reef cleaners. I think I like the right side better than the left..

Before:

After:

Last edited:

1fishjones

Premium member
Looks good! Just try to keep everything far enough away from the glass so you'll have enough room to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

expo703

thanks guys! Didn't think you woud actually like it.. lol I was waiting for someone to be like: change this, move this to this, type of thing :D So no suggestions ?

expo703

Just make sure its all stabile and has good spots for type of coral u want to keep
Will do! idk what corals yet i'm new was thinking..torch hammer rbta, toadstool, monti pora cap, brain coral birdnest, mushrooms, then was going to do a regal tang, yellow tang, (i have two clowns) , dwarf fire angel, butterfly thinking about : anthias?, royal grama? , wrasse?

Sparky312

Everything you have there looks good! Like joe said just make sure it's stable- tap all over with your finger to make sure

expo703

Everything you have there looks good! Like joe said just make sure it's stable- tap all over with your finger to make sure
Yeah i did the tapping method thanks!!! seems stable! Hopefully my turbo snails don't push them over

p.s anyone selling some frags of the corals I listed i'm interested if your local :D

1fishjones

Premium member
You should probably wait on the rbta. My understanding from what I've read on nems is they need the stability of a well established tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk