Fish in quarantine tank

pringles

Whar will you do with the fish till in a quarantine tank? . Treat them with prazipro ,copper ,cupramine ....ect to prevent diseases, parasites before put them in DT or leave them alone in a quarantine tank only treat when they needed.

SkullV

When I used to run a quarantine (hospital) tank for new arrivals each one got 1 week of observation, 1 week of prazi, 3 weeks of cupramine (copper), another week of prazi, and then one more week of observation. Usually the copper started on day 2 of the first week of prazi and the second dose of prazi happened 2 days after I added carbon to remove the copper and first round of prazi.

skyon888

I treat with prazi and cupramine for 3 weeks regardless. From what I've gathered, a healthy fish can carry ich and show zero signs.

pringles

I had the problem to dose cupramine , with 55 gallon tank plus wet dry ( 10.4ml) for full dose to get .5 as the direction in bottle , do I need to divide into half dose ,then another half dose after 48 hours .

Triggerdood

Its best to do a half dose initially, then another half dose to get it where it needs to be, imo. Less stress on the fish vs a whole dose right from the start.