Fish List for 90 Gallon Tank Thoughts?

jrosales91

Premium member
Here is the list of fish I plan to stock in my 90 gallon tank. Would love to hear your thoughts if they will work out or not.

1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 six-line Wrasse (Already Own)
1 yellow Wrasse (Already Own)
1 Flame Angelfish
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Yellow Tang
1 Marine Betta
2 Snowflake clown Fish (Already own)
1 Jawfish, Blue Dot

tinman

Here is the list of fish I plan to stock in my 90 gallon tank. Would love to hear your thoughts if they will work out or not.

1 Royal Gramma Basslet --- you wont see it very often :) it always hides so may be something else ?
1 six-line Wrasse (Already Own)
1 yellow Wrasse (Already Own)
1 Flame Angelfish - beware as it might develop a taste for corals and eat them
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish -- beware as it might develop a taste for corals and eat them
1 Yellow Tang -- Good Choice
1 Marine Betta -- they are nocturnal meaning they are more active when lights out .. and also it possibly eats your shrimp and small fish if it can ..
2 Snowflake clown Fish (Already own)
1 Jawfish, Blue Dot -- very delicate fish and not known to survive too long unless you know how to keep it alive :)
you can consider the below fish ..

Midas blenny -- but it makes too many yellow fish .. so may be get some other tang ?
flame hawk fish - it would eat your shrimp and snails if it can but the fiery red color and its character adds a lot to the reef :)
Fox face rabbit fish ( or one spot fish ) is a good one to add . although it might go after corals the chances are less .. but again too much yellow :)

jrosales91

Premium member
you can consider the below fish ..

Midas blenny -- but it makes too many yellow fish .. so may be get some other tang ?
flame hawk fish - it would eat your shrimp and snails if it can but the fiery red color and its character adds a lot to the reef :)
Fox face rabbit fish ( or one spot fish ) is a good one to add . although it might go after corals the chances are less .. but again too much yellow :)
Would a dottyback be more active then a royal gramma?
I was trying stay away from the blenny family for this tank.
I rather stay away from the hawk fish since I do plan on having a couple shrimps.
Isnt fox face poisons? I rather be in the safe side when working on my tank then risk myself lol.
I guess I could replace the Marine Betta with a larger tang like powder blue tang.

tinman

Would a dottyback be more active then a royal gramma?
I was trying stay away from the blenny family for this tank.
I rather stay away from the hawk fish since I do plan on having a couple shrimps.
Isnt fox face poisons? I rather be in the safe side when working on my tank then risk myself lol.
I guess I could replace the Marine Betta with a larger tang like powder blue tang.
powder blue tangs are very sensitive ..

Fox face fish have a poisonous spine but they are not very active swimmer and eat pretty much all kinds of algae out there keeping your tank clean .. .

Spartanman22

I have owned a lot of dwarf angels in my reefing tenure and have found the Potters to be the most reef safe having had roughly 6-7 different individuals over the past 10 years. Coral beauty have been hit or miss. Same with flames.

I’d recommend against two tangs in your 90, especially a powder blue as they will get larger, very active and are inch magnets! If you’re looking to do two stick with the bristletooths or tominis as they’ll stay smaller. The white tail bristletooths are gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk