fish not eating

erok90

What do u do when your yellow tang doesn't eat? He was fat when I got him.ate all the algea off my lr , off the back of my snails but that's all it wants.doesn't eat nori mysis krill pellets nothing.garlic doesn't help.what else is there?

Tank2379

Make sure he isn't pooping white and maybe check for parasites or other issues he may look like he is having. Have you added any other Fish recently?

erok90

Make sure he isn't pooping white and maybe check for parasites or other issues he may look like he is having. Have you added any other Fish recently?
He was added with a coral beauty at the same time.they are buddies and everyone gets alone.the tang stays hidden all day.since i've been in this hobby I've had 5 yellow tangs and this one is by far the worse one I've ever had.

SkullV

He was added with a coral beauty at the same time.they are buddies and everyone gets alone.the tang stays hidden all day.since i've been in this hobby I've had 5 yellow tangs and this one is by far the worse one I've ever had.
Could be stress related being a huge swimmer in a 39g, but I would try hikari nori pellets. I've never seen a tang not go after them. They soften the second they hit the water and keep their shape.

Another option is to try spreading some gel food on a piece of rock. If he likes picking at rocks he might end up getting a taste for it.