Fish Pricing and QT at Ascension

Funlad3

Anyone that knows me understands how much I love fish: a lot. That's why I'm thrilled that our QT has been up with fish in it, disease free, for over a month. One of my favorite parts of legally running as a business is getting to see the variety of livestock available to us reefers, bringing it in, hording it, then letting it go to new homes happy and healthy.

That's why I'd just like to formalize our fish policies and release some of our pricing.

The first thing I'd like to explain is the "Quarantine Procedure" of all of the fish that I bring in.
  • All of the fish are acclimated to the Salinity and pH of the fish system, monitored by probes.
  • The fish are put into a buffered Fresh Water Dip for 10-30 minutes.
  • The fish are moved into the 200 Gallon system and fed food soaked in Prazi Pro.
  • The fish are observed until they appear active and alert.
  • The fish are offered for sale and can go to their new homes!

I won't claim for a second that this process is 100% effective at eradicating disease. The only method that I personally trust is exposure of the fish to copper. I also feel, however, that copper treatment is overly stressful on the fish and even makes them more susceptible to other infections once removed from the treatment. It is for this reason that I opt to give all of the fish a FW bath with Methlyene Blue; it's extremely harsh against unwated parasites and unicellular organisms, and it's little more stress to the fish than undergoing shipping for 24+ hours. I'm confident that with the method of acclimation/medical treatment, the fish are more than strong enough to protect themselves from most disease.

This brings me to my next point. I think that it's more important that a fish be happy than 100% healthy, so I try to keep their stress to a minimum. It works. I'm so confident in this method that I'm going to match the best guarantee in the industry: I will replace any fish that dies within two weeks of hitting your tank. I don't have a lot to say about this one; I have fish that I imported swimming around happily in my tank, and I'm positive that they'll do just as well in the tank of anyone else.

With that, I'd like to get into something more fun than the medical side of what I do; let's talk pricing. I have a variety of suppliers throughout the country for both fish and coral, and I always try to extend a discount to those in the hobby that trust me with their business. That's why I always extend a 20% discount to anyone that prepays for their order before it ships out to me. I save money because I can condense my orders to fewer boxes and shipments, and I love to pass that on to you guys.

Finally, I'd like to release some of our fish pricing. It's competitive with other stores in the area, and if anything is out of line, I'd be happy to try to correct it. Of course as a hobbyist, I love to give discounts for larger orders, and I'll even do discounts on top of our 20% preorder discount. For fish pricing, please click the link below!

http://www.aacorals.com/fish.html

Thanks for reading through all of this, and if you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them!

Have a great weekend!

- Ben

Funlad3

I'll keep that in mind for you! I'm planning on placing an order this week, but I won't start taking preorders until I'm sure.

- Ben

n10sity

I got to witness the Ascension Aquatics QT system in process from about halfway through the build state to the current level and it was really neat to hear Ben's passion about caring for new fish arrivals. I think his guarantee is awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing about Ascension's fish moving into happy homes in a healthy state. *thumbs up*

- Jim