Fish Question???? Jawfish and Sandsifters

cubanreef

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what experince people had with a blue spot jawfish and sand sifting gobies... I really want a blue spot jawfish, but at the same time I love sand sifting gobies since they keep the sand nice and clean?? Has anyone kept both successfully?

My tank is 200 gallons and yes there is a lid lol

madjoe

Premium member
i had both love the jaw fish but they always die. they all ate great were doing good then after like six monthe they mysteriously die not sure why had like 4 all did same thing. the sand shifting gobies did good but pissed me off but moveing all the sand into piles covering some corals so got rid of them

madjoe

Premium member
no seperate times. theres a blue spot jaw fish forum or club out there all the people have r the blue spot jaw fish try google probably find experts on them there

mpsti05

I have both in my tank now and are doing great. I do not have sugar fine sand so when either the blue spot or the goby are moving sand around it doesn't create a dusty mess. And they never fight in my tank atleast.

cubanreef

That is great!!! I dont have sugar sand either, plus i have a ton of hermit shells from an old system so i plan on puttin them in a corner for the blue spot...What kind of goby do you have? is it a pair?