fish recommendations

erok90

Looking for some ideas on fish for a 180g fowlr.so far my list contains the following.

Naso
Yellow tang
Hippo
Idol
Magnificent foxface
Emperor angel
Flame angel

Looking to add butterflies and any other good looking recommendations.also which of these should be added first and last?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
If you're going fowlr, get a trigger or two. They have great personalities and they are really entertaining. Mine have never really been bullies. I've also really enjoyed my tusk...not aggressive at all. The biggest bully in my tank is my lemonpeel angel, and she's nearly the smallest in my tank.

madjoe

Premium member
Id have in my fowler a tusk u gotta get one coolest fish out there well behaved. Idol definitly flame i like. Id get a regal instead of emperator better behaved i have one hes awsome but fresh water dip em for flukes and feed with prazi for internals all angels and butterflies imo r nortorious for em. Pakastani butterfly for sure. Get a cool wrasse like goldbar or bannana wrasse. I have huge red corris colors r outstanding. And tangs hippos r cool but mean sobs buddy had one kill a purple and tank was huge. I just started to like chocolate tangs and want one now. As juvi not much to look at but adults r super sexy. Puffer just make a mess out eat every thing imo. I have two in my fowlr but they r the small toby puffers great personality just like big ones but tiny i have a white spot and a blue spot . Ps stay away from atlantic blue tangs big time a holes im about to spear mine and find a chocolate to replace . Good luck my fowlr is my favorite tank no stress all enjoyment. Oh clown triggers r super cool too might pickbone of those up soon too babies r only 45$

martin595

Yellow Pyramidis good looking butterfly fish for 180 size aquarium. The Golden Semilarvatus also increase the beauty of aquarium.

gig

I had a facula butterfly for 7 years in my old FOWLR, great fish, you could also get a raccoon butterfly.

Hawkey

You should get a lion or an eel. They make great pets, just make sure fish cant fit in its mouth.

Looking for some ideas on fish for a 180g fowlr.so far my list contains the following.

Naso
Yellow tang
Hippo
Idol
Magnificent foxface
Emperor angel
Flame angel

Looking to add butterflies and any other good looking recommendations.also which of these should be added first and last?
I feel like even with this list it's going to be a very aggressive tank with little space, but I guess it's just me.

Jason R

I was thinking blue jaw trigger.
Blue Jaws are awesome but that being said they aren't as visually interesting as some of the other triggers. Their primary draw is that they are reef safe.

Since you are doing a FOWLR you have a lot more to choose from.

Triggerdood

If you are looking to add a trigger, how bout a Hawaiin Black? Very active fish, and not aggressive by any means, as far as triggers go.

Shovelman

Note: if you do a lion, dont add any puffers or triggers.... it doesn't mix well from my experience....of course it all depends on the temperament of the fish but again, those big fancy fins and urchin like spines usually are the target of nipping.

buuuuuut +1 for a trigger.... i personally like bluejaws regardless of reef safe attraction or not...

Hawkey

They might eat the flame angel.
Their are plenty of types of lions if you look. You can get a volitan or russel that would eat small fish in the tank. Antennata could eat some of the fish in your tank. The lions you could probably get are radiata or mombasa, if you could find one, or any of the dwarfs, zebra or fuzzy. I personally love fuzzies. They have small mouths and are very well tempered. They are very personable and stay fairly small. They also look very nice.
View attachment 17274