fish room air echanger

Bowhunter42

i know this might be more for hvac guys here ?? my PH runs low consistently 7.8 -8.0 ... i know if its consistent don't chase it ... bla bla bla ..... it is an important variable in a reef tank so my question here is this :

when i have windows open etc my PH rises to 8.2 i know i have excess CO2 in my house however my fish room / sump etc is in my basement with my furnace , is there any thing i can put in my wall of my fish room to pull outside air into this room and vent the air inside without making it freezing cold in the winter to basically act as if the doors and windows were open all the time ? therefore increasing PH ?

make sense ?

thanks

wrasse

Here is a suggestion
You can try house plants in your fish room. Just get some ivy it's the easiest and grows fast.

quallabear

you could put in a air exchange unit. Google "air exchange for house" there's HRV and ERV units both bring in fresh outside air and take out old inside air

Bowhunter42

you could put in a air exchange unit. Google "air exchange for house" there's HRV and ERV units both bring in fresh outside air and take out old inside air
that just might be exactly what im looking for ?? i could tie the exhaust into the current vent system of my house and cut a hole in the side of my house like a dryer vent would be for the intake ?