FishBeard's 180g Wall'o'Tank!

FishBeard

So she's here. Lotta heavy lifting and extra hands to help, but we got it in today. Just a few quick pics to document from the start...

And the tank's No.1 little fan admiring the surprise getting home from grandma...

Now I need a shower and some sleep!

More updates to come soon!

Chi-Reefers

Holy cow. Did you renovate. Lol. That space got cleared out quick! Haha. Looks good man!! The jealousy is starting to set in. Haha!! Can't wait to see that up and running.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
This was a mission indeed..... Was heavy and wasn't sure if Eric was still here or seeing stars afterwards ;) LOL!!

FishBeard

That's a beast of a tank bro!
Pics don't do it justice, I'm just siting here looking over at the tank wondering what I just got myself into... Sooooo much to do tomorrow before setting the tank in place and adding the first 50g of DI I already have made up, then the next couple days running the filter straight into the tank to finish filling it up. I also need to scrape off the light gray paint the last owner put on the back glass. Going to get some of that false horizon background yogoshio has on his tank. Still need to order sand, was going to do bare bottom but the FW gravel that was in it did a number on the tank so I'm just going to add a thin layer of sand to cover the glass. Once I have enough water to start mixing salt, then I can start shopping around for cheap liverock to build a couple pillars. Also considering giving my current rock a FW dip to see if I can find the little mantis I have in there now. So much to think about, and no wonder I can't sleep right now even thou I'm absolutely wiped out and exhausted.

ryanjan11

Its going to be pretty sick... I bought a 120 and I can't set it up until I move so I'll just live vicariously through your build. Shotank sells dead rock for 2/lb if that helps any. Did you sell your cube?

helitaiwan963

This was a mission indeed..... Was heavy and wasn't sure if Eric was still here or seeing stars afterwards ;) LOL!!
Haha, Probs to you for doing most of the heavy lifting! I only had to solo it thru the door when we got it to the house. You did it twice! I've seen big tanks, but i don't think I ever wanna move one again. My fingers felt tingly after. :a32:
Pics don't do it justice, I'm just siting here looking over at the tank wondering what I just got myself into... Sooooo much to do tomorrow before setting the tank in place and adding the first 50g of DI I already have made up, then the next couple days running the filter straight into the tank to finish filling it up. I also need to scrape off the light gray paint the last owner put on the back glass. Going to get some of that false horizon background yogoshio has on his tank. Still need to order sand, was going to do bare bottom but the FW gravel that was in it did a number on the tank so I'm just going to add a thin layer of sand to cover the glass. Once I have enough water to start mixing salt, then I can start shopping around for cheap liverock to build a couple pillars. Also considering giving my current rock a FW dip to see if I can find the little mantis I have in there now. So much to think about, and no wonder I can't sleep right now even thou I'm absolutely wiped out and exhausted.
Haha, when i filled my 75, i thought that took long... The suspense on just fillin the tank up for you i think is gonna be quite the wait.

FishBeard

I'm going to stick with my current stock plan of anemone and zoa/paly. Will probably toss all the Lps corals and liverock from our nano into this one and break that tank down, or maybe put it in the stand as a QT for smaller fish. I want to add a few larger fish as well now that I have the room, and a school or two of smaller fish.

On another note, I need to find an easier way to get the paint off the back of the tank, scraped for 10 minutes and barely made any progress, at this rate it'll take a month!