fishes for 100gal tank?

kurens

hey fellow-reefers.needs your help again,i got 100g tank(5 footer) with 1 chromis,blue jawfish,watchman goby and onyx clowns.Most of them hiding somwhere and tank still looks like "empty"would like to add some more show-cruising fishes.how many and what kind i can afford in my tank?.
i wanted less rock in scape to get some space maybe for tangs but i think 5 footer is still too small for them.i would love to have naso tang in it.
thanks for any input

ColaAddict

You can put a tang in a 100gal tank. they are nice to have because they actually swim around alot and not hide.

jcarlilesiu

I have a couple of tangs in a 3' tank, but diagonally top to bottom its over 5' because its square. They are perfectly happy.

jcarlilesiu

I should add that they will eventually out grow that tank, and your 100 gallon if you were to keep them.

We plan on upgrading to a 450 gallon tank or so in a couple of years.

kurens

thanks guys.
maybe next year i will moved out from condo and would like to upgrade for 210gal but so far i am stuck here:)
where is the best place to buy juv tangs?
hey Jake which tangs you guys have?

Smitty

Premium member
A yellow tang will do great in your tank...and as long as it's the only tang, it won't outgrow your tank. They are one of the smallest tangs out of them all. You could also add some more chromis' to get that schooling effect.

WeePee

imo i think my Kole tang has more personality then my old yellow ever did.
though he started out very shy, he is now very active and constantly picking at the rock work.

jcarlilesiu

thanks guys.
maybe next year i will moved out from condo and would like to upgrade for 210gal but so far i am stuck here:)
where is the best place to buy juv tangs?
hey Jake which tangs you guys have?
We have a blonde naso, powder brown, and a sailfin.

We are hoping they stay small enough for two years until we build a house.

kurens

guys,i bought male McCosker wrasse and find local who got for sell Carpenter females for sale.can i make harem with mccosker and 2 carpenters female?
thanks

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have a Pajama (aka Clown) Tang and a Sailfin. IMHO if you get a Sailfin, try to find one from the Red Sea. It might cost a few more bucks but they're better colored and worth it!!

ColaAddict

I just sold my Clown tang, that thing swims so much and tried to eat my hand everytime I put it in the tank. Definitely should be the last fish added and needs a super huge tank.
I think sailfin tangs are super cool.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
LOL, mine bites me everytime my hand is in the tank! He's worse than my cleaner wrasse, LOL! Luckily, he doesn't bother any other fish.

Scuba Smurf

Yellow tang would be a good choice. But be sure to qt...they're ick magnets. My first choice though would be a school of chromis they're cheap and look awesome when the school around the tank.