FIT's reef

fit

Been meaning to introduce myself. This is just a start. Pics to follow.

I have a 55 Ga regular with something like a 20 Ga sump. Sump I am running backwards LOL. I didn't know which way it was supposed to go at first so I chose the "wrong" way. It works for me though. I never do partial water changes and my phosphate and nitrates are low nonetheless because I have cheato in my sump and an Algae Turf Scrubber above my DT.

2 Chromis, a pair of bonded mated Clarki Clowns spawning every 11 days, a blue spotted Puffer, an orchid Dottyback, a yellow eyed Cole Tang, a skunk shrimp, and two peppermints, two tuxedo Urchins, perhaps two hermits.

Done this all peace-meal as I can, or usually cannot, afford it. I dose saturated Kaklwasser in my top off water. Saturation concentration increased with vinegar. My top off consists of a 5 ga bucket with a tube inserted from the top reaching almost all the way down to the bottom. Tube is clamped so I won't fall out of the bucket. To make things easier when I want to add new mix of kalk, stop influx of water, and when I loose siphon and have to reestablish, I have an inline shut off valve. Bucket is only two feet off the ground on a cart. I introduce water to displace the air, producing a syphon or negative pressure suction. Auto top off using a float valve in my sump. Low tech, very cheap, highly functional, unexpectedly reliable.

Two d120 Led panels.

Time is short right now, but pics and more info to follow.