Fixing a apex display

willtheld

I recently fixed a fellow reefers apex display after he accidentally crushed the cable.

It’s a fairly straight forward job, match the colors to colors, but the cables are extremely small. If you have a fine tipped soldering iron you should be able to do the same!

Enjoy the pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjl714

I got a display that recently went out. The screen initially started to display strange partial screens, so I unplugged and re plugged it in, now screen is entirely blue, no symbols or anything.

madjoe

Premium member
Those thin wires suck . When i took mine apart the wires had like a clear glue or sealer over them where they were soldered. How did u remove that crap

willtheld

I got a display that recently went out. The screen initially started to display strange partial screens, so I unplugged and re plugged it in, now screen is entirely blue, no symbols or anything.
This one was causing the rest of the aquabus system to crash because of a short between two cables. Not to say a different kind of short couldn’t cause your issues.

willtheld

Those thin wires suck . When i took mine apart the wires had like a clear glue or sealer over them where they were soldered. How did u remove that crap
They were tough, the colors on some were so similar (light blue and light green!?). The coating I just pre tinned my solder tip and melted through it while pulling the wire I wanted out.

NoSurfInAZ

I’ve been having the same issue as you. It will go back to normal. But in addition to those probs, it’s been showing up twice in the hardware profile. I’ve had it do this to me another time. I can’t remember how to fix. But you may just want to call and have them help u reset to normal.

bryman

Once I had my screen go entirely blue, and found that somehow the brightness / contrast got totally cranked up. Not sure how that happened, but after turning them down screen was visible again.

Mjl714

Once I had my screen go entirely blue, and found that somehow the brightness / contrast got totally cranked up. Not sure how that happened, but after turning them down screen was visible again.
With a totally blue screen, I’m not sure how to even try cranking down the contrast. What do you think?

bryman

I was able to faintly see text looking at an angle. Was able to fumble through the menu to get to the setting.